About Tansen Nursing School
Tansen Nursing School (TNS) was established in October 1999. This project is a collaboration between the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) and United Mission to Nepal (UMN). The school runs a 3 years Proficiency Certificate Level Nursing program, with plans to develop a Bachelors of Nursing course in the future.
At present there are 120 students on campus, 40 in each year. The nursing programme is fully residential, with a combination of both classroom teaching as well as supervised clinical placements on the wards at Tansen Mission Hospital. The aims of the school are to produce well-qualified nurses who can contribute to the improvements in health education and the health status of Nepal. Opportunities are also provided to students from remoter areas with the aim that they will return there once qualified. Please click here for access to the TNS photogallery.
We are always looking for new expatriate nurse tutors to help bring depth and experience to both classroom teaching and clinical supervision. If you would be interested in coming to work here we would love to hear from you. Below is a job description for our nurse tutor roles:
Brief job description:
- To undertake classroom teaching according to a pre-approved syllabus (in English)
- To supervise / train students during their clinical placements at Tansen Mission Hospital
- To be a mentor to students.
Skills and qualifications needed:
- Nursing Degree
- Current registration with own national regulating body
- Post-qualification nursing experience
- Previous classroom teaching experience not essential
- Length of term: 4 month minimum to long-term
- Languages needed: English
- Salary or Self Funded: Self-funded
- Is accommodation / flights provided?: No, however furnished accommodation is cheaply available for rent.
- To apply for positions contact: The Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org